TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) makes old tanks new again with a variety of tank coating systems available for both interior and exterior applications.
When a large dairy cooperative in South Dakota heard that we had experience with protecting tanks from interior as well as exterior corrosion, TMI was asked to improve the life expectancy of their clarifier tank and improve the exterior appearance.
- Prepared surfaces for new coating adhesion. Used 4,000 PSI high-pressure washers with rotating tips, hand and power tools to prepare the exterior for new paint adhesion.
- Sandblasted the entire tank interior to a near White Metal Blast.
- Welded small holes shut to prepare tank for coating. Ground welds smooth and radius.
- Lined tank interior with new technology coal tar epoxy to reduce corrosion and prolong the life of the clarifier.
- To reduce overspray risk, used brush and roller to apply epoxy rust-inhibitive metal primer to the exterior. One full coat was applied.
- Applied a colored coating material over the epoxy suitable for industrial environments.
TMI Coatings completely restored the interior and exterior of the clarifier tank that was heavily corroded. The coating provided much needed durability in the face of future deterioration and established a much more aesthetically pleasing finish. Through meticulous preparation, coordination, and execution, the clarifier tank has been fully restored to the highest quality and given a clean finish. TMI has completed numerous projects for this customer in SD, we love to have returning customers.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.