The world’s largest privately held agriculture firm contracted TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) complete restoration on a 110′ tall concrete tower and structural steel components in Missouri– all of which experienced the uninvited effects of weathering. This company has many concrete and steel facilities throughout the world that has seen their structures develop corrosion and deterioration after years of exposure to the elements. While corrosion and concrete deterioration is a natural occurrence, restoration and protection is not.
• Safely rig the concrete tower for access to all areas following OSHA regulations
• Prior to each equipment move, TMI tests rigging equipment with full water barrels to load test weight for safety
• High pressure washed all surfaces to remove dirt and loose concrete
• Removed all loose and spalling concrete and failing coating
• Wire brush and prime exposed rebar prior to restoration of concrete
• Restored eroded areas in the unloading dock, maintenance shop, grain bins, main tower using special mortar with corrosion inhibitors suitable for vertical applications
• Applied primer to all areas
• Applied elastomeric waterproof coating to all concrete surfaces
• Added 45’ wide full color logo nearly 100’ above ground
Despite differences in many of the types of structures and their materials, our experienced staff was able to adapt to these changes safely and fully restore this building’s infrastructure. TMI completed the concrete restoration and coating safely and within the owners schedule. Our skill field men took extensive measures to ensure long term adhesion by thoroughly preparing the surfaces and then applying an adhesion promoting primer prior to the final coat. The elastomeric waterproof finish is UV and dirt resistant, plus resists wind-driven rain. This specific coating is guaranteed not to chip, peel or flake for many years to come.
TMI Coatings safely restores infrastructure to protect your investment.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.