Jared Nierengarten, the facility manager, enjoyed working with TMI Coatings, “Everything looked very nice. I will be hiring TMI in the future.”
TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) was contracted to restore and coat two large sections of a firewall and foundational CMU/poured concrete walls stretching over 1600’ long around multiple building additions. The existing coatings were heavily deteriorated. The walls were quite tarnished, and the mortar was severely eroding away. Also, the exterior of the walls were covered in dirt and looked quite unappealing. TMI looked to provide a solution to strengthen these walls and clean up their appearance.
- Relocated all vehicles to reduce risk of overspray.
- Pressure washed exterior walls with 4,000 psi pressure-washers with rotating tips to remove dust, dirt, and mildew.
- Routed out all loose mortar and eroded CMU blocks down to the substrate.
- Filled in eroded areas with a cementitious mortar filler.
- Applied MasterEmaco N425 to patch areas to the level of the surrounding plane.
- Applied a two-coat elastomeric waterproofing system to the entire surface.
TMI’s crew thoroughly prepared the surfaces prior to applying the new coating system. All loose and eroded material was routed out and then filled in with a durable cementitious mortar filler to strengthen the bonds between the CMU bricks. The final coating system was selected due to its durability and resistance to rain and moisture intrusion protecting the concrete substrate from further freeze/thaw cycle damage. TMI’s thorough approach to this project resulted in fully restored foundational walls with an aesthetically-pleasing appearance.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.