Concerns about your concrete containment dike? TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) has the right products to protect it.
Chemical exposure eats away at concrete. After completing a project for a metal fabrication and plating company, TMI returned to their facility to apply over 3,500 square feet of FIBERLIFE vinyl ester protective coating to the floor space, up the sides of the curb walls, plus into the trenches and grating ledges. FIBERLIFE, a fiberglass-reinforced layer, thoroughly seals and protects the underlying concrete substrate from any chemical exposure.
In an adjacent area that would not normally see chemical exposure, TMI Coatings sealed the saw cut lines/joints and floor/wall juncture gaps with a semi-rigid polyurea to minimize the potential of any chemical seepage into the ground – should there be a spill.
- Mechanically abraded the entire containment dike area with diamond grinders with vacuum attachments.
- Prepared floor by creating a rough surface and an anchor pattern for adhesion. Removed loose and delaminating material.
- Restored any eroded areas to the surrounding plane.
- Applied FIBERLIFE, a vinyl ester chemical resistant resin with fiberglass mat reinforcement, and then aggregate for slip-resistant safety. Applied FIBERLIFE to floor, walls and top edge of the concrete pits.
- Lastly, installed new semi-rigid polyurea to the saw cut lines/joints and floor/wall juncture gaps.
The highest compliment that we receive is to return to a site to do another project. The owner praised TMI’s crew for doing a good job and stated how past work had held up well over the years.