A dairy processing plant in central Minnesota hired TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to prepare and restore the eroded flooring throughout several areas to ensure safe and slip-resistant surfaces with a new floor topping. TMI was able to complete this project in a timely manner and safely, which is important to a safety-conscientious company.
- The owner relocated all movable equipment, degreased, washed, and scrubbed clean all flooring prior to us starting work.
- TMI vacuum steel shotblasted and mechanically abraded floors with diamond grinders to roughen and create an anchor pattern for better coating adhesion.
- Loose and delaminating flooring was removed to create smooth/semi-flush transitions.
- TMI applied a CHEM-RESIST flooring system, which includes 100% solids epoxy resin with tough and durable aggregate to create a non-slip finish in two areas.
- In other plant areas, a cementitious urethane floor topping was applied to protect the concrete from chemicals, corrosion, impact, thermal shock, and is highly moisture-resistant. The floor coating is non-skid for slip resistance.
After completing this project, the owner commented, “everything went good and the floor looks really nice”.