A manufacturing company expressed the need for a long-lasting, durable, yet easy-to-clean floor coating. Our staff recommended FIBERLIFE, a fiberglass floor coating. This coating can be installed on walls and ceilings as well; however, its durability and chemical resistance make it an attractive choice for flooring. TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) devised a solution based on the customers’ requests and needs.
- TMI’s construction team prepared the concrete surfaces by vacuum steel-shot blasting and hand-held grinders to prepare the surface for subsequent coatings. All areas were abraded for adhesion.
- Restored eroded areas and filled cracks to the level of the surrounding plane using vinyl ester mortar mix.
- Installed the FIBERLIFE system:
- Primed surfaces using Derakane elastomer primer.
- Embedded a fiberglass mat in between multiple intermediate coating. Overlapped all seams and edges in a neat, professional manner.
- Applied a final sealant coat for an easy-to-clean finish. A smooth finish was requested for easy cleaning.
The resin coatings and fiberglass mat cure together for strength and durability. This product will not peel or flake under wet and humid conditions. Furthermore, the final coat provided a smooth finish that is easy to clean. For whatever your flooring is used for, FIBERLIFE will provide strong resistance against chemicals and abrasions. The site representative of the large sign manufacture said, “It looks really good. TMI (Coatings) did a great job” on our fiberglass floor installation project.