Protecting a Multimillion-dollar Investment with FIBERLIFE
TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) works with general contractor on a new construction project.
A fourth-generation cheesemaker in Monroe, Wisconsin, added a multimillion-dollar state-of-the-art “make room” and additional coolers to its facility. Commercial contractor Kraemer Brothers hired us to install FIBERLIFE, a food-grade approved, fiberglass-reinforced, protective coating to four separate areas. FIBERLIFE was used on walls (including former exterior walls), columns and alcoves.
- Poly covered and protected adjacent surfaces.
- Abraded surfaces by using hand-held diamond grinders with HEPA filtered vacuum attachments for dust control.
- Cleaned, roughened, and prepared the areas for coating adhesion.
- Applied resin, fiberglass mat reinforcement, and two coats of food-grade resin.
- Precautions taken to protect the integrity of the concrete panels’ expansion joints to allow for expansion/contraction.
- Ensured seamless edges by overlapping fiberglass mat and applying a final seal/gel coat to the walls, columns and alcoves for a smooth, sanitary, washable finish.
The resin coatings and fiberglass mat cure together for strength and durability. This product will not peel or flake under wet and humid conditions. Furthermore, the final coat provided a smooth finish that is easy to clean. For whatever your walls are used for, FIBERLIFE will provide strong resistance against chemicals and abrasions. Pleased with the quality work, TMI was asked to discuss future facility changes.