TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) protects the food production industry with floor repairs, protective wall and ceiling coatings, and other services and has completed numerous projects for a ready-to-eat frozen food manufacturer in the Midwest. The food manufacturer had over ten separate rooms requiring restoration and floor coating. TMI was scheduled to complete this work during their annual shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s. Many plants are shut down for the holidays, so our field workers serve our customers’ needs by working long hours to complete maintenance projects in their facilities.
- With help from the owner, TMI identified the areas for repairs and what coating system was needed for the environment.
- TMI saw cut the perimeter of all floor repairs, then vacuum steel shot blasted and mechanically abraded the floors with vacuum-shrouded diamond grinders to clean and roughen the area to create an anchor pattern for new flooring adhesion.
- To repair cracks, joints, divots, and low spots, TMI used epoxy and cementitious urethane mortar.
- TMI keyed in around all drains and professionally taped off/covered all the drains.
- Finally, the correct floor coating system was applied, varying in thickness from 1/16” to 3/16”, in grey or red, as specified for each room.
TMI was able to complete this work safely and promptly. The customer was very happy with the quality of our work and said, “TMI Coatings has always been on time and completed the work to our company’s satisfaction. They look at each job and decide which product will work best for the application. Their employees are hardworking and get the job done no matter the situation. We will always use TMI Coatings!” Plus, they placed another order for an additional floor coating project within a week.