Recently, TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) was contracted by a milk processing company to complete a floor restoration project in a chemical storage area, however TMI could only access the area for 48 hours. TMI devised a plan to not only complete surface preparation, but also coating to completion. The Maintenance Manager stated, “The floor restoration project looks great! TMI completed the work in a professional manner.” TMI not only completed the project in a short period of time, but the results exceeded the customer’s expectations.
- Mechanically abraded the floors with our Prep Master diamond grinder and hand-held grinders to prepare all areas for proper adhesion.
- The Prep Master diamond grinder is used on many of our projects for surface preparation. It has 12 individual grinding heads with a total removing rate of ~500 square feet per hour.
- Restored all the eroded concrete. Sloped an area 11’ long x 7’ wide to eliminate ponding water.
- Applied TMI’s low odor Cementitious Urethane at 3/16” thickness.
- Applied a top coat to improve color stability.
- Added an aggregate with the help of the owner to determine the amount of non-skid for safety of plant employees.
Forty-eight hours is a short period of time to complete a large flooring restoration project, however with TMI’s expert knowledge and 36 years of construction experience we were able to complete the job on time. TMI used our Cementitious Urethane Floor Topping system with a non-slip finish for safety. No job is too big or small for TMI, and we self-perform our work with our employees throughout the country. We have locations in DFW and Houston, TX.; St. Louis, MO and St. Paul, MN.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.