Flooring restoration is essential for all types of manufacturing companies. Recently, an electronics manufacturing facility contracted TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to provide a solution to their cracked concrete flooring. This project included two separate floors in need of restoration – a production area floor and a waste treatment room. Both floors frequently experienced heavy traffic and wet/humid conditions. TMI recommended our FIBERLIFE product for this flooring restoration project.
- Vacuum steel-shotblasted and mechanically abraded floors with diamond grinders to create an anchor pattern for strong flooring adhesion.
- Restored all eroded areas to the level of the surrounding plane.
- Applied concrete flooring primer designed for high-moisture applications.
- Installed the FIBERLIFE system:
- Applied a primer to all surfaces.
- Applied primary layer of resin – immediately followed by embedding a fiberglass mat into the resin.
- Applied additional coats of resin to ensure a strong bond is created between the resin and fiberglass mat.
- Applied a final broadcast coat with resin and aggregate for a non-slip finish.
The FIBERLIFE flooring system is an exclusive TMI Coatings product. It is quite popular due to its strong resistance to chemicals and abrasions, and its lasting durability. Furthermore, this coating system will not chip, peel, or flake in wet and humid environments. A final sealant coat is often applied with this product to ensure a smooth floor that is quite easy to clean.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.