Over a holiday weekend, TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) was contracted by a food processing plant in Iowa to complete restoration on their floors in three separate areas with different flooring systems. After the job was completed, the Lead Maintenance Manager of the food processing plant stated, “Everything looks great. We are extremely impressed with the work TMI Coatings performed. In the South Mixing Room, the floor looks perfect and is a major upgrade over the existing dairy tile.” The floors in the production areas were battered, damaged, and hard to clean. They were looking for an upgrade over the existing dairy tile and the existing thin-film systems. TMI used our Cementitious Urethane Floor Topping to go over the existing dairy tile and our CHEM-RESIST flooring to go over the other thin-film system. No matter what condition your floor is, TMI has a solution for you.
- Mechanically abraded the floors with our Prep Master diamond grinder and hand-held grinders to completely abrade all areas for proper adhesion.
- The Prep Master diamond grinder is used on many of our projects for surface preparation. It has 12 individual grinding heads with a total removing rate of ~500 square feet per hour.
- Restored all the eroded concrete and/or secured all loose dairy tile.
- Applied TMI’s low odor Cementitious Urethane at 3/16” and CHEM-RESIST flooring at thickness 1/8”.
- Applied a top coat to improve color stability.
- Finally aggregate was added with the help of the owner to determine the amount of non-skid for safety of plant employees.
The flooring systems that are now in place are not only aesthetically pleasing, but will also help protect the floors from chemicals, corrosion, impact and thermal shock. The customer was very happy with the upgrades and the cleanability factor. All flooring systems were seamlessly applied over the concrete/dairy tile and had no significant odor during installation plus allowed for use with the current drain systems. The final finish was non-skid for slip-resistance for safety in high-traffic areas.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.