TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) recently lined the interior and painted the exterior of an aeration tank for an international pharmaceutical company that makes biomedical research products. TMI devised a plan to complete this project for the pharmaceutical company to ensure long-term protection.
- Installed temporary construction heat and enclosure.
- For the exterior, TMI removed the existing spray foam insulation from the exterior of the tank.
- Sandblasted within enclosure for proper surface preparation for new coating adhesion.
- TMI applied a rust-inhibiting epoxy primer by brush and roller.
- TMI top coated with a urethane, which has increased UV stability for long-term color retention.
- For the interior, TMI sandblasted the tank to remove the existing coating.
- The owner then completed weld repairs to improve the structural integrity of the tank.
- Once the welding repairs were completed, TMI sandblasted these areas again so the new industrial coating system could be applied.
- TMI applied FIBERLIFE, a fiberglass reinforced industrial coating system. A chemical resistant vinyl ester resin was applied with a fiberglass mat embedded into the resin. This coating system is very durable and provides good chemical resistance to the carbon steel tank. The FIBERLIFE was applied to the walls, floor and structural C-channels in the tank. TMI built a fiberglass tank within the steel aeration tank.
Bart Versteegh, the owner’s representative stated, “TMI Coatings maintained safety as a priority while on site. We went through our steps for TMI to begin work and TMI followed through with everything requested and then did their own safety management after work began. TMI was very responsive during the project and overall the project went as best as it could.”