Are you experiencing excessive corrosion to your metal ceiling, walls, or structural supports? Do you think it is because of the new chemicals put in place at various facilities to combat COVID outbreak? Recently a large meat production facility hired TMI Coatings to solve that exact issue. This meat production company was experiencing exponential corrosion because of the new cleaners they were using. TMI diagnosed the issue, devised a plan, and executed that plan. The customer now has a system in place to protect the steel from the chemicals and stop the corrosion.
- COVID procedures were in place for all TMI field workers including daily temperature checks, masks, and gloves. Personal Protective Equipment was employed for all workers per OSHA.
- TMI poly-wrapped all equipment as well as covered up the walls/floors. Extensive poly covering was employed.
- We prepared the surfaces by removing the rust, failed existing coating, debris, and dirt use sanding screens with vacuums.
- Applied one full coat of a USDA approved epoxy rust-inhibiting primer.
- TMI added an odor blocker to the primer coat due to the owner’s complaint of smell, it was successful in reducing the odor
- Finally applied a high gloss epoxy suitable for chemicals used in their daily cleaning process.
The finished product stopped the corrosion and brightened the rooms up significantly. TMI’s ability to ask the right questions allows us to use the correct system for the environment. The system was low in VOC’s, suitable to withstand the chemicals used daily in the food plant, and is aesthetically pleasing.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.