Protecting a Multimillion-dollar Investment with FIBERLIFE
TMI Coatings works with general contractor on a new construction project.
A fourth-generation cheesemaker in Monroe, Wisconsin, added a multimillion-dollar state-of-the-art “make room” and additional coolers to its facility. Commercial contractor Kraemer Brothers hired us to install FIBERLIFE, a food-grade approved, fiberglass-reinforced, protective coating to four separate areas. FIBERLIFE was used on walls (including former exterior walls), columns and alcoves.
- Poly covered and protected adjacent surfaces.
- Abraded surfaces by using hand-held diamond grinders with HEPA filtered vacuum attachments for dust control.
- Cleaned, roughened, and prepared the areas for coating adhesion.
- Applied resin, fiberglass mat reinforcement, and two coats of food-grade resin.
- Precautions taken to protect the integrity of the concrete panels’ expansion joints to allow for expansion/contraction.
- Ensured seamless edges by overlapping fiberglass mat and applying a final seal/gel coat to the walls, columns and alcoves for a smooth, sanitary, washable finish.
Pleased with the quality work, TMI was asked to discuss future facility changes.