A park district in North Dakota hired TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to restore a 6,740 sq. ft. park pool. TMI opted to use a special pool coating that would not only protect the concrete from the chemicals used in treating the water but make sure that it’s aesthetically pleasing and lasts through the busy seasons.
We utilized an epoxy accelerator in the restoration material because of the significant amount of work required in a short period of time.
- Abraded the pool surface to provide a coarse finish for the new coating. The crew also removed all loose and delaminating old layers of paint.
- TMI restored eroded concrete all to the same plane.
- Next, we routed all cracks and repaired them to the surrounding plane.
- We applied a prime coat of epoxy to ensure proper coverage on all surfaces.
- We applied the top coat of epoxy to the pool to build film thickness. The crew applied an additional 2nd and 3rd thin coat to ensure a complete seal.
- TMI’s crew cleaned up the job site.
The pool is back to looking brand new while keeping the concrete protected from the water and chemicals used during the busy months. The North Dakota park district was impressed with TMI’s ability to adapt to the climate and get the job done in harsh conditions. Along with the professionalism and dedication to safety that TMI’s men showed while completing the project.