A pet food manufacturer requested assistance with their kitchen ceilings. Years of processing pet food had done serious damage to their ceilings. TMI Coatings was asked to not only coat the 60’ by 52’ area, but to remove the existing corrosion and fully restore their kitchens, all while safely working around existing mixers and processing equipment. Our staff developed a plan to correct the deformities in the ceiling and fully coat the entire area.
- TMI prepared surfaces by pressure washing with rotating tips to remove dust, dirt, and other contaminants.
- Further cleaned the ceiling with hand power tools to remove rust and failing existing coatings.
- Installed sheet metal over areas that were too thin to repair. Sealed edges of the newly installed sheet metal with sealant.
- Applied one full coat of a USDA approved metal primer for increased adhesion.
- Further applied a sealant to seal voids, edges, and fasteners on the ceiling.
- Applied a final topcoat for increased durability and adhesion.
Despite numerous distortions in the ceiling, TMI Coatings was able to provide a solution to properly restore their infrastructure. Metal sheets were mechanically fastened to serve as a durable patch in the severely corroded areas. Multiple coats were applied to negate future corrosion and to seal the patched areas together. This unique coating system restored the kitchen ceiling, provides an aesthetically pleasing finish, and is suitable for incidental food contact.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.