The City of Fargo Park District hired TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to complete a pool restoration project on an outdoor pool. The city wanted the project done right away so it would be ready before Memorial Day weekend opening. Due to the cool temperatures in North Dakota during May, TMI used an accelerator that allowed for the coating to be applied as low as 35° F. The customer was very happy with our work and said, “Great work and communication.” TMI has the knowledge, experience, and ability to complete jobs and on time.
- TMI sandblasted and mechanically abraded the entire pool surface to ensure all failed coating was removed and to create a new profile for long-term adhesion.
- Restored cracks and eroded areas with an epoxy mortar.
- Applied the first full coat of epoxy material suitable for constant immersion in chlorinated water with cold temperature accelerator.
- Applied an additional second full coat of the same epoxy material with accelerator.
- Finally installed new flexible sealant around vents and the metal rim of the pool for a thorough seal.
The pool looks great! The customer is happy, and the project was completed it in time for Park District to open the pool before the busy time of year! The pool coating chosen is a long-lasting epoxy coating. Another successful pool restoration project completed by TMI Coatings.