TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) recently completed a project for a city in Northwest Texas to prepare and paint four (4) rusty pressure tanks at their water treatment plant. The old coating was beginning to fail, and corrosion was starting to form on the exterior of the pressure tanks. Based on the application and environment, TMI recommended a two-coat system previously used with great success in an industrial environment.
- TMI covered all sensitive equipment in the work area to safeguard it from getting damaged during the process.
- We pressure washed all tank surfaces, ensuring we removed the loose coating, rust, and surface containments, preparing them for the new coating.
- Once pressure washing was complete, TMI mechanically abraded areas with excessive rust or loose/delaminated coating.
- TMI then applied one full coat of a rust-inhibitive epoxy metal primer. This surface tolerant coating provides a layer of corrosion protection to shield the metal from future deterioration.
- Finally, one full coat of a quality topcoat material suitable for industrial environments was applied. This topcoat provides gloss retention and corrosion protection for years to come.
The city was very happy with the outcome of the project. Upon completion, the owner stated, “The painting went great; it’s wonderful. Your crew did a fantastic job.” TMI Coatings. Safety. Quality. On-time. In that order.
With over 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at 651-452-6100 for your free, no-obligation quote.