TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) completed a production floor coating project over a holiday weekend for a premium food production facility in Nebraska. At the conclusion of the production floor coating project, the maintenance manager said, “the floor looks great!” Due to corrosive chemicals, the floors were severely deteriorated. With the help of the owner, we devised a plan to complete this work over a three-day holiday weekend. TMI installed our 3/16” cementitious urethane floor topping with a specialty topcoat for superior resistance to chemicals, thermal shock and impact resistance.
- TMI vacuum steel shotblasted and used hand-held grinders 100% of the surface to achieve proper adhesion of subsequent coats
- Restored all cracked and eroded areas
- Built up cants around leg bases to shed water
- Applied 100% solids, cementitious urethane floor topping to all production floor areas and curbs at 3/16” thickness
- A novolac topcoat was applied
- Aggregate was added with the help of the owner to determine the amount of non-skid desired for safety
Another successful production floor coating project completed by TMI Coatings on time, and safely. The floor looks great, and we love when our customers are happy. The floor topping chosen for this specific project is often used in food, manufacturing, beverage, and utilities due to its durability. TMI has the knowledge and experience to choose the right system for you based on your environmental needs.