A food production company contracted TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to restore six structural steel beams safely and effectively in one of their facilities. Prior to TMI’s arrival, the steel beams were heavily corroded due to harsh environments inside the facility. These beams were responsible for holding up the entire building – meaning failure to restore them would be disastrous.
- Poly-wrapped floor and equipment to protect from debris/overspray.
- Grinded metal columns to remove failed existing paint, and to create a profile for new coating adhesion.
- Applied a metal primer to all surfaces.
- Installed the FIBERLIFE system:
- Applied one coat of epoxy resin and embedded fiberglass mat into resin.
- Applied another coat of epoxy resin to completely cover the surface area.
- Grinded area to reduce exposed fibers for relatively smooth finish.
- Applied flood coat to thoroughly seal the fiberglass mat and coatings underneath.
- Placed a final wax coat for a smooth and easy-to-clean finish.
The steel beams are now fully rehabilitated, and the owner can rest easily knowing his facility has been taken care of. The once rusted out beams were restored using FIBERLIFE – a coating system that utilizes a fiberglass mat embedded into multiple layers of resin. This system is designed not to peel, chip, or flake. The embedded fiberglass provides substantial coating performance, longevity, and cleanability. Additionally, the final smooth, white finish offers quite an atheistically pleasing look.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.