TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) was hired to perform repairs to a school district in the Midwest. We met with the Facility Manager and surveyed the repairs needed. After submitting a thorough proposal, TMI was hired to complete tuckpointing; removal and reinstallation of sealant along window sills, expansion joints, and complete other necessary repairs to the high school’s exterior. The high school was experiencing mortar deterioration, and the existing sealant failed, resulting in potential moisture issues and/or higher dollar repairs down the road if not addressed. TMI, a painting and restoration company, completed the work safely, on time, and in a quality manner.
1. TMI routed out the existing sealant along the window sills, removing debris and solvent wiping to remove dust, dirt, and other contaminants.
2. TMI then taped off the windowsills and professionally applied new flexible sealant for a thorough seal.
1. We routed out the existing sealant in all expansion joints, including cleaning and removing loose debris.
2. TMI filled the joints with the backer rod, slightly larger than the joint width, and filled each joint with a new flexible UV-resistant sealant.
1. TMI routed out the deteriorated mortar joints using shrouded grinders with vacuum attachments.
2. TMI then dampened all the joints before tightly packing the new mortar into the joints, ensuring that all the mortar was even. We tooled the joint for a professional finish.
3. After the mortar was fully hardened, TMI thoroughly cleaned the exposed brick surfaces to remove residual mortar.
The result turned out great. Dave Skog stated, “As far as I can see everything went well and looks good. I have no criticism of any of the work, well done TMI.” The customer was happy that TMI was able to complete the project in a specified timeline when school was out for summer. TMI Coatings. Safety. Quality. On time. In that order.