A packaging manufacturer contracted TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to complete silo foundation restoration on numerous 12’ diameter silos. The foundations of the silos were experiencing deterioration and the product inside was facing contamination. The firm asked for advanced protection against future corrosion. Our staff consulted with the site managers to ensure the protection of their product and safety of their facilities. This resulted in a specialized restoration process combined with corrosion protection. TMI has the expertise and knowledge to complete silo foundation restoration for all size silos.
- Removed all existing grout in the interior and exterior of the silo and its foundation.
- Prepared surfaces by pressure washing and mechanically abrading to create a more suitable surface for adhesion.
- Primed and coated steel with epoxy rust inhibitive paint.
- Inserted two duplex nails every 4’ in horizontal concrete for anchoring curb.
- Installed new Epoxy Grout Coating System:
- Constructed framework around silos in a liquid-tight manner to ensure proper grout placement.
- Finished interior mortar and exterior curb prior to grout placement.
- Applied Epoxy Grout to all designated surfaces.
The new Epoxy Grout coating system is specifically designed to restore fractures in the concrete and protect the product inside. For this project, an anchoring curb was constructed to provide further protection for the foundation of the silo and to support the placement of the epoxy coating. This project was completed safely, on-time, and within budget.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.