TMI Coatings completed a silo roof coating project with urethane elastomer to waterproof the concrete silo roof for a large grain company. TMI identified the issues at a feed mill facility. TMI devised a plan, and executed on time, safely, and on budget. TMI has the experience and knowledge for all silo roof coating projects for all types of facilities.
- Pressure wash with 4,000 psi pressure washers to remove dust, debris, and other contaminants.
- Removed existing coating material that was loose or delaminating, well-adhered remained.
- Mechanically abrade surfaces to clean and roughen the surface for new coating adhesion.
- Prime all the bare concrete and metal with a bonding or epoxy primer.
- Seal around all penetrations with urethane elastomer and embedded scrim cloth as needed to ensure a thorough seal.
- Apply two thick-film coats of urethane elastomer and add in aggregate into final coat for a non-slip finish for safety.
The onsite contact Chad Blaney stated after the completion of the silo roof coating project, “Everything looks good. The crew always had PPE on and they cleaned up after themselves. They did a good job removing old coating, priming and top coating. The coating looks good.”
With over 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.