TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) was hired to complete a silo roof waterproofing project for a large sugar company in Crookston, MN. The different areas of the silos included: six large silos, a head house, as well as the upper and lower gantries. TMI identified the issues at the sugar companies’ facility. Devised a plan, and executed on time, safely, and on budget. TMI has the experience and knowledge for all silo roof waterproofing projects you may have.
- Pressure wash with 4,000 psi pressure washers to remove dust, debris, and other contaminants.
- Removed existing coating material that was loose or delaminating, well-adhered remained.
- Mechanically abrade surfaces to clean and roughen the surface for new coating adhesion.
- Prime all the bare concrete and metal with a bonding or epoxy primer.
- Seal around all penetrations with urethane elastomer and embedded scrim cloth as needed to ensure a thorough seal.
- Apply two thick-film coats of urethane elastomer and add aggregate into the final coat for a non-slip finish for safety.
The urethane elastomer provides protection against corrosion and resistance to chemicals like insecticides, fertilizers, and fumigants. This specific coating can expand and contract and therefore will not crack, chip, or peel due to temperature changes. Additionally, the coating will not promote mold or mildew growth due to its adaptability in any environment. Our urethane elastomer product is very popular for grain bins and silo roofs due to it being a chemically cured product, which allows for ponding water unlike water-based elastomeric products.
With over 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.