When the world’s largest ethanol producer calls, you respond extremely fast. TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) was contracted by POET to thoroughly clean and paint four storage tanks at one of their facilities. The facility was under a tight deadline to complete the storage tanks painting project by the end of May. In typical TMI fashion, we allocated several experienced technicians to the project to complete it by the requested date.
- TMI laid down cover around the perimeter of each tank 12 feet out to collect paint chips and water from pressure washing.
- TMI pressure washed each tank thoroughly to remove dirt, debris, and other contaminants. We further hand/power tooled as necessary to remove loose rust and existing coatings.
- After the washing was complete, we pumped the excess water and old paint chips into totes for the owner to dispose of.
- We then spot primed the tanks with Macropoxy 646 by brush and roller.
- Finally, we top-coated 100% of the tanks with a Sherwin Williams Corothane 1 High Solids urethane topcoat with excellent color and gloss retention.
At the job’s conclusion, the project’s primary contact stated, “The crew worked extremely hard, and TMI was able to meet a firm deadline. Very happy overall.” TMI loves happy customers and successful projects. TMI Coatings, safely, on time, and within budget. In that order.