With structural steel painting, TMI Coatings covers the bones of your building.
Steel decking and railing; columns; and diagonal, horizontal, and vertical I-beams – this project for an electric power generation company addressed the structural components of their facility. From interiors to exteriors, TMI Coatings has extensive experience restoring, protecting, and painting structural steel at any building.
For this project, we used a PPG rust inhibitive coating system that dries fast, performs well on new and old steel, and was compatible with light rust on prepared surfaces. The goal was to reduce corrosion of its critical structural steel at this power company operating for more than 100 years, while also improving the plants internal aesthetics.
- Safely erect intricate scaffold towers following OSHA guidelines to access difficult areas not reachable by scissors lifts or boom lifts
- Poly wrapped all sensitive equipment and assembled scaffolding to reach the ceiling.
- To remove pack rust/heavy buildup and prepare surfaces for new coating adhesion, TMI solvent wiped and mechanically abraded all surfaces to receive coating, and needle gunned corroded sections, following manufactures requirements for surface preperation.
- Used a brush and roller to prime areas with a full coat of rust-inhibitive epoxy metal primer.
- Applied a topcoat of Amerlock – a fast dry, high solids epoxy coating.
- Color match the existing color system of the facility-TMI can apply high performance materials in a rainbow of colors, not only protecting the steel but also visually improving the environment.
Like TMI Coatings this energy company is focused on serving its customers. This energy company is focused on maintaining their capital investment for another 100 years to serve their customers.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.