Whether it’s the consumption by humans or animals, food-grade tank lining installation follows strict guidelines. With these projects, TMI Coatings always takes extra precautions for health and safety.
ADM Corn Processing, a food production plant, needed to ensure their 14’ x 50’ high tank was suitable for storing sucrose. Without the proper lining, their sucrose could have been subjected to harmful ramifications associated with deterioration of the old tank lining. They also needed to ensure the lining would have excellent longevity. ADM looked to TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) was hired for the job after providing a detailed and thorough quote. ADM also recognizes a wide range of diverse businesses, TMI is a woman-owned business (WBE), which helped ADM fulfill its diversity goals.
- Completed confined space entry procedures per OSHA.
- Sandblasted tank interiors, per material specifications to SSPC SP-5 White Metal Blast. Confirmed there were no sharp edges and that welds were smooth.
- Pre-heated tank to drive out inert contaminates.
- Stripe coated all weld seams and surface irregularities.
- Applied FDA approved lining compatible with food contact.
- Force-cured lining, following FDA curing requirements, to ensure solvent removal. Used direct-fired heaters with ducting to heat the coating to 225 degrees for four hours. Provided full-time hole watch for fire and personnel safety.
ADM depended on TMI to complete this project in a timely manner while maintaining a high-quality finished product. The job went smoothly. TMI’s field crew was able to prepare the structure through meticulous sandblasting and application of the food grade lining to complete ADM’s request.
Brian Warne, ADM Terminal Manager, stated “TMI Coatings is starting the final bake this afternoon. It’s progressing well. The guys are doing a good job. They know what they are doing. Everything is going well”.
You can inquire about Tank Lining and Silo Painting in Dallas, TX here.