A large food plant requested TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to coat the ceilings, walls, beams, and piping of two separate production rooms – a Testing Lab and a Fruit Room. The existing coatings were poorly bonded. Any peeling or flaking paint could potentially come into contact with the food. TMI consulted with the customer to develop the appropriate plan of action to restore these facilities and protect their product from contamination.
For the Test Lab:
- Prepared surfaces for new coating adhesion by washing and cleaning ceilings, I-beams, condenser pans, and surrounding piping.
- Applied a food-grade elastomer coating to the entire ceiling.
For the Fruit Room:
- Utilized power tools to clean surfaces and remove rust.
- Applied an epoxy primer for corrosion protection.
- Installed FIBERLIFE to the entire ceiling in this room.
Both coating systems are approved for use in food facilities. The elastomer coating installed in the Test Lab was chosen because it has fiber-reinforcement for advanced durability. The FIBERLIFE coating consists of a fiberglass mat embedded into multiple layers of resin. It will provide exceptional chemical and abrasion resistance. Neither coating will chip, peel, or flake. This project was safely completed on-time and within budget.
Call us at (651) 452-6100 for a free, no obligation quote today!