TMI FIBERLIFE is a unique coating system that incorporates a fiberglass mat within multiple layers of resin to create a long-lasting sanitary finish. This system is a colored, two-component, low odor epoxy formulation that can be applied to ceilings, walls, and floors. It’s also been applied to steel supporting members such as beams, columns, and equipment components.
TMI FIBERLIFE’s underlying fiberglass mat provides exceptional durability. Because of this, FIBERLIFE will extend the longevity of your facilities. A urethane topcoat is commonly applied as a final coat to provide additional protection against chemicals and abrasions. It also helps maintain UV stability and color retention.
TMI FIBERLIFE provides a seamless finish for easy-to-clean surfaces. Because of this and its excellent durability, it is commonly applied in food and beverage plants and/or constantly wet environments. This system meets USDA requirements for use in federally inspected meat and poultry plants.
Typical Installation Procedure
- Apply a primary layer of resin – immediately followed by more resin and embedding a fiberglass mat into the resin
- Apply additional coats of resin to ensure a strong bond is created between the resin and fiberglass mat
- Sand the surface between coats
- Apply a final seal coat with resin to ensure a smooth finish
- Optional for flooring applications: a final broadcast coat with resin and aggregate can be added for a non-slip finish
With 25 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no-obligation quote.