Tank Lining for Corrosive Substances
Highly corrosive materials are not a problem for TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI). As a specialty contractor, we have extensive experience applying high-performance tank linings that can handle the most corrosive substances. Furthermore, we have over 35 years of experience in selecting the right coating for your environment.
An ethanol company installed a new steel tank to hold sulfuric acid and asked TMI to prepare it for industrial use. Sulfuric acid is highly corrosive, so our chemists took the necessary amount of caution when determining the most applicable lining for protection.
- Sandblasted the tank’s interior to SSPC-SP5 White Metal Blast (NACE No. 1).
- Lined the interior of the tank with material designed to withstand 96% sulfuric acid.
- Baked tank interior at 400°F as required by tank lining manufacturer to cure tank lining for constant immersion service of sulfuric acid.
- Contained the tank to eliminate dust and sandblasted its exterior to SSPC-SP6 Commercial Blast (NACE No. 3).
- Applied two full coats of a high-quality coating to the tank exterior to prevent corrosion and retain color and gloss.
Corrosive materials are quite dangerous, but they do not have to be if you take the proper safety measures. Our knowledgeable professionals are trained to improve safety at your facilities. Our team understands the proper procedures for lining, curing, and protecting tanks from hazardous chemicals such as sulfuric acid. You do not have to choose between safety, quality, or convenience – with TMI Coatings, you will receive all three.