A food and beverage company contracted TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to complete a wall restoration project by applying new coatings to the walls in one of their production facilities. After years of use, these walls had developed holes, and the existing coating was flaking off. Numerous paint jobs did not resolve the issue – the paint was still peeling off! The owner wanted a system that would last and eliminate recurring paint jobs that interfered with production. TMI recommended installing our FIBERLIFE product to the walls.
- Prepared walls for adhesion by a combination of dry-ice blasting and hand-held grinders with vacuum attachments to remove all loose and flaking old layers of paint.
- Repaired all holes, cracks, and fractures within the walls.
- Installed the FIBERLIFE coating system:
- Applied primary layer of resin – immediately followed by embedding a fiberglass mat into the resin.
- Applied additional coats of resin to ensure a strong bond is created between the resin and fiberglass mat.
- Sand the surface between coats to ensure a smooth finish.
- Applied a final seal coat with resin to ensure a strong, pinhole-free finish.
The result was a successful wall restoration project, after preparing the walls and repairing any abnormalities within the substrate, our crew applied the FIBERLIFE coating system. This system is popular due to its strong resistance to chemicals and abrasions, and its lasting durability. Furthermore, this coating system will not chip, peel, or flake in constant wet and humid environments. This project was completed safely and on-time.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.