Evergreen Water and Sewer District contracts with TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to coat the roof and perform miscellaneous repairs to a concrete ground storage tank, making it watertight. The concrete surface preparation is critical on the storage tank. Compared to other surfaces, it is irregular in its composition and structure. Ensuring the proper surface preparation method is used followed by the correct protective coating will prevent or reduce the permeability of the concrete.
· Prepared the roof surface by removing existing coating with water and handheld diamond grinders
· Repaired and patched all concrete failures
· Sealed pipe penetrations with silicone sealant
· Used high-precision grout around tank hatch and vent bases
· Applied coatings to the roof surface to seal and protect against the environment
· Removed deteriorated hatch hardware and replaced it with stainless steel
TMI prepped, repaired, and coated the tank roof to safeguard it for years to come. Concrete is a porous surface; by sealing the concrete we protect against harsh elements; the specialized coating protects against deterioration from severe exposure, penetrates the concrete, seals cracks, and remains waterproof even if surfaces are damaged.