TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) was recently contracted to line the interior of a concrete wet well for a large utility supplier through a general contractor. The large utility supplier has used TMI numerous times on a variety of different projects, which include: containment dike coating, tank linings, and floor coating.
- TMI performed confined space entry permitting due to limited access in and out of the wet well.
- Mechanically abraded with diamond grinders to create a profile on the new concrete for proper coating adhesion.
- Filled the bug holes with an epoxy mortar suitable for vertical surfaces that does not sag.
- TMI applied a moisture mitigating epoxy primer to all areas below the waterline. This process creates a thorough seal and reduces outgassing.
- TMI then installed a thick-film urethane elastomer coating utilizing a trowel-grade product in excess of 250 mils thick. We completed the application in multiple lifts in order to reach desired thickness of the coating material.
The wet well is now lined. Our contact Keith Maciejewski stated, “Everything went good. Haven’t heard any complaints.” TMI completed this project, on time, on budget, and most important, safely.