A large Wisconsin manufacturer sought out TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to repair and install a new protective floor coating system. The floor was cracked and heavily worn out by years of heavy equipment driving over it every day. Due to the nature of the company’s work, TMI suggested using cementitious urethane, as it would bond better to the concrete flooring they have while looking great and protecting the concrete underneath from the heavy machinery.
- Mechanically abraded the floors using diamond grinders, which roughens up the floor and creates a strong bond for the coating.
- Removed loose and delaminating flooring to ensure the soundest adhesion.
- Restored any areas where erosion had started to occur and brought it up to the original floor level.
- A layer of primer was laid down on the floor first to ensure long-term adhesion.
- Applied the cementitious urethane on top of the primer at 3/16” thickness.
- Added the floor topcoat for color stability.
Dan Voglesang, the manager for the Wisconsin manufacturer said, “The guys did an outstanding job. The floor looks really good. The crew did a good job, very courteous. I would hire those guys. The project was very positive. It’s working like expected, and the [TMI crew] was very professional and courteous throughout the project.” Not only does it look good, but it also creates a protective barrier to prolong the life of the concrete.
With over 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at 651-452-6100 for your free, no-obligation quote.