A large state government building had leaking water from its air handler units. The leaking water would run through the concrete floor into the offices below, ruining numerous ceiling tiles and causing damage to contents in the rooms below. In the two different rooms where the air handlers were located, TMI Coating’s solution needed to contain the water and keep it from dripping to the floors below. TMI built cementitious curbing around the air handlers to contain any spilled liquid and then applied a resinous waterproof membrane and protective floor coating.
- TMI prepared all the concrete surfaces by mechanically abrading and restoring the eroded concrete.
- Constructed berms around air handlers using cementitious material.
- A seamless elastomeric membrane was applied to provide a waterproof seal.
- TMI applied CHEM-RESIST low odor epoxy flooring over the waterproof membrane.
- Aggregate was incorporated for slip resistance for safety.
TMI worked with the state office to complete the project while most of their employees were working remotely during the Coronavirus pandemic. The project manager provided an all excellent service questionnaire and commented “Great job, it looks great!”