A Fortune 500 industrial goods company hired TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to do high density fireproofing to steel tank legs of a liquid gas storage tank. The owner needed work completed as soon as possible to ship the tank to their customer. Our team quickly took action to complete this project safely and on-time.
- Removed all existing failing coatings and rust. Created an anchor pattern on each column leg to enhance the adhesion for the new coating.
- Installed lathe with fasteners, wire ties, and corner beads for the specified 2-hour rating.
- Primed with rust inhibiting epoxy primer on all corroded areas of the steel.
- Trowel-applied Pyrocrete 241 high density, heavy-duty fireproofing material.
- Applied an additional coat of trowel-applied Pyrocrete 241 high density, heavy-duty fireproofing material to meet ASTM E1529 safety standards. Sealed and applied a final white top-coat for exterior exposure in industrial and petrochemical environments.
The project was completed within the requested timeline. Within three hours of being engaged, TMI was securing materials and scheduling work to start. Our goals to serve our customers: Safety. Quality. On-time.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today at for your free, no obligation quote.