The saying goes, “It’s what’s inside that counts.” This statement is true, especially when it comes to silos.
To meet health and safety standards, TMI Coatings is regularly asked to perform work on the interior of tanks and silos. Continental Plastic Corp., a manufacturer of food safety and sanitation products, hired us to repair their silo’s interior. Moisture from the outside elements was seeping into the silo causing the plastic pellets to clump together.
To coat the seams and rivets, TMI chose high-quality products – first, a bonding agent and next, a liquid urethane layer that cures into a durable elastomeric coating. The coatings create a water and chemical resistant barrier along with providing abrasion and corrosion protection.
- Disconnected lower outlet for access and for safety added ventilation to the silo.
- Prepared seams and bolted connections in the tank’s interior by sandblasting and mechanically abrading to roughen and create an anchor pattern for new coating adhesion.
- Sealed gaps on interior seams and bolted connections.
- Sprayed a thin initial coat of an adhesion promotor, bonding agent, to the seams and rivets, followed by a second coat within hours.
- Applied elastomer coating to all seams within the silo.
TMI Coatings solved the problem and now the manufacturer no longer needs to enter the confined space and scrape the walls of the silo.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today atfor your free, no obligation quote.