Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company Receives New Flooring in Reactor Rooms
Lost production time is a loss in revenue. TMI Coatings has the experience needed to meet the tightest schedules.
A pharmaceutical company hired us to restore eroded concrete floors and install FIBERLIFE to several floors in reactor rooms. There was only a brief window of time in which the reactor rooms were not in use, so TMI needed to go into the job with maximized efficiency and productivity.
- TMI prepared concrete surfaces by using 7” diamond grinders with vacuum attachments to ensure dust-free surface preparation. Created an anchor pattern for new flooring adhesion.
- Removed soft, punky concrete areas around the reactors and drains.
- Restored eroded areas using an epoxy mortar and keyed in edges along the floor to create a smooth transition.
- Applied FIBERLIFE manufactured by The Dow Chemical Company.
- Vinyl ester primer coat.
- Layer of FRP mat (a filler for reinforcement to add strength and durability) embedded in a chemical resistant vinyl ester resin for superior chemical resistance
- Incorporated aggregate for slip resistance for safety.
- Integral cants installed at perimeter walls and columns/posts.
TMI Coatings received high praise for our quality of service, cleanliness and punctuality . The owner was pleased with the project stating, “everyone was very happy with the floors, the crew cleaned up after themselves very well and always showed up on time.”