TMI Coatings Heads Off to College to Line a Salt Brine Tank
Our continuous training may be off-campus due to COVID-19, but TMI Coatings still makes it to higher education buildings – for projects, that is.
A college contacted TMI to line an indoor concrete salt brine tank. The project consisted of applying a protective lining to the floor, ceiling, walls and separator. We recommended urethane elastomer, a material that is chemical and abrasion resistant, and will not promote mold/mildew growth. Because urethane elastomer expands and contracts, it won’t crack, chip or peel due to temperature changes.
• Removed existing (difficult to remove) polyurea material
• Mechanically abraded to remove adhesive, roughen and create an anchor pattern for new coating adhesion.
• Power washed with an additive to neutralize and remove any remaining salts
• Applied epoxy primer coating to all bare concrete
• Used two coats of the protective coating urethane elastomer
TMI Coatings always receives high grades for choosing the right product for the job.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today atfor your free, no obligation quote.