Over 15 years ago, TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) was contracted by Doyle Security Products to complete restoration and painting to the exterior of their office building. Doyle, a previous satisfied customer requested again to wash, paint, and restore the exterior of the building, made up of concrete and metal paneling, to make it look new again for Doyle’s 100-year anniversary. TMI prides ourselves on high quality work and loves when customers repeat the project over a decade later.
- Removed downspouts so that we could coat behind them to ensure a waterproof seal.
- Pressure washed to remove loose and flaking paint to prepare substrate for new coating adhesion.
- Completed minor restoration around perimeter of the building: removed soft, punky concrete, routed out and filled cracks, and restored concrete to the surrounding plane with a non-sagging mortar.
- Spot primed bare substrate and repair areas by brushing and rolling only.
- Applied an elastomeric waterproof coating that resists wind driven rain to ensure long-term adhesion and thorough coverage by brush and roller to ensure no overspray risk.
- Reinstalled the downspouts.
Procedure Metal Office Awning:
- Pressure washed.
- Sanded metal overhang to create a profile.
- Applied two full coats of protective coating on metal overhang.
The outcome was a building that looks beautiful and a satisfied customer. The elastomeric waterproof coating was chosen for this facility due to its resistance to wind driven rain. It performs well on the exterior of most concrete buildings. TMI Coatings has the knowledge and experience to complete your project on time, on budget, and safely.