Silo Sealing And Waterproofing
TMI Coating’s silo roof coatings are tough and durable; they can be applied to metal and concrete to provide long-term waterproof protection for years. With a high elongation factor, this protective coating expands and contracts, therefore will not crack, chip or peel due to changing temperatures.
Silo Sealing And Waterproofing Process
To properly assess the needs of your silo roof, TMI will survey the current substrate and any previous coating. If the coating has failed and become delaminated the coating will need to be removed and replaced to protect the concrete substrate.
- We prepare the concrete substrate for adhesion of a subsequent coating. We’ll high-pressure wash to remove the loose, disbonded coating and then further mechanically abraded as needed.
- All bare concrete or steel will receive one full coat of primer.
- We seal around all penetrations.
- In gaps or small voids, we embed scrim cloth or mat reinforcement into the liquid-applied coating for a thorough, watertight seal.
- Two full coats of protective coating are applied in a heavy-duty, thick-film manner. Aggregate is incorporated for slip resistance for safety.
- This roofing system provides a seamless, monolithic waterproof membrane over your silo roof.
Silo Sealing And Waterproofing Case Studies
Silo Roof Waterproofing In Crookston, MN
TMI Coatings waterproofed the roofs of six large silos, a head house, and upper and lower gantries. TMI’s crew prepared the surface and then applied a waterproof coating to thoroughly seal and waterproof the roof and all penetrations. Aggregate was broadcast into the urethane coating for a non-slip finish.
Large Diameter Bin Roof Coating
TMI Coatings was contracted to replace all loose and missing fasteners and recoat a large aluminum bin roof to protect from rusting and water infiltration. All seams, fasteners and penetrations received one full coat of an industrial fiber reinforced aluminum pigmented coating material. Then, an additional coat of the same protective coating material was applied to the entire roof area.
TMI Coatings prepared and paint five grain bins including sides, roofs, handrails and ladders for an animal feed manufacturer. TMI primed all surfaces with a high quality epoxy primer with excellent rust inhibitive properties and then applied a top coat of a high quality acrylic coating. This two coat system offers good corrosion resistance provided by the epoxy primer and the top coat offers long lasting color and gloss retention.
While on site, TMI was awarded restoration of their worn logo. TMI primed the rusting areas with an epoxy primer and then coated the entire sign with a high quality acrylic polyurethane coating. TMI used this coating because of the excellent color and gloss retention it provides, keeping dark and bright colors from fading quickly.
When asked for feedback on our work, the location manager commented: TMI’s crew was nothing but great while they were here. We were able to continue our business without skipping a beat and the new logo looks great.