Rust – no more.
TMI Coatings completed silo skirt restoration and painting a group of resin silos for a plastic film manufacturing company. On the interior and exterior of seven welded steel silos’ skirtings we removed the existing coating material and rust.
Procedures for the silo painting:
- Pressure washed the silos with 4,000psi pressure washers to remove dirt, flaking paint and other contaminants.
- Mechanically abraded steel to remove all loose coating and rust. Sanded surfaces to ensure adhesion.
- Primed rusting and all bare metal and concrete.
- On the exterior of all the silos TMI utilized articulating electric lifts and applied a full coat fast cure epoxy by brush and roller, to protect the steel and concrete and then used a semi-gloss acrylic coating white in color as the finish coat.
- Applied two coats of urethane elastomer and anti-slip granules to the silos’ roofs.
Procedures for sealing the silo bases to reduce corrosion:
- TMI removed broken punky existing grout along the silos’ base rings and replaced it with epoxy grout.
- Primed and applied two coats of urethane elastomer coating (chemical and moisture resistant) to seal the steel base/concrete pad juncture.
The manufacturing company commended TMI Coatings for a thorough job and attention to detail.