TMI Coatings has the specialized products required to repair and coat the inside and outside, top and bottom, of your clarifier. Including weld and structural repairs!
We have over thirty years of experience applying high-performance tank linings that can handle the most corrosive of substances. Temple, TX contracted us to perform various repairs on 1 of their clarifiers. It was the 3rd clarifier they hired TMI to complete in 3 years.
- Remove catwalk and other non-carbon steel features
- Construct a temporary roof cover of cables and roof bonnet
- For the steel areas of the clarifier abrasive blasted to SSPC-SP 10 Near White Metal Blast
- Apply a 3 coat system of zinc and 2 coats of epoxy in immersion areas for maximum corrosion resistance.
- Above water areas also received a polyurethane topcoat for gloss and color retention
- For the concrete floor and walls abrasive blast to SSPC-SP13 standard
- Cracks in the concrete were routed out and filled with modified cement
- Spray apply a specially modified waterproofing cement requiring special equipment and training
- This specialty material prevents water and other liquids from any direction by expanding in the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete, allowing it to resist hydrostatic pressure
- It is also highly resistant to aggressive chemicals and liquids found in wastewater treatment
- Exterior concrete areas were cleaned using high-pressure water
- 2 coats of a waterborne, flexible concrete coating that protects the concrete from driving rain and UV light
TMI Coatings will be recommended for additional work by the Project Engineer. TMI’s quality of work, cooperation with staff, cooperation with the public, and timely performance were all rated great!
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today atfor your free, no obligation quote.