“It looks great. The crew was wonderful–they communicated well. I was really impressed.”–said the facility manager when asked about TMI’s staff.
An agricultural company hired TMI Coatings, Inc. (TMI) to repair and restore the tops of grain bins. These structures are prone to weather damage, and over time, will begin to leak and corrode. When corrosion sets in, the product inside the bins are potentially in danger. It is important to ensure these bins are sealed and properly coated to allow safe storage of valuable commodities. Our staff can recommend the right solution, provide the right products, and coat your infrastructure safely and within your schedule.
- Pressure wash with 4,000 psi pressure washers to remove dust, debris, and other contaminants.
- Removed old and failing caulk.
- Mechanically abrade all surfaces to clean and roughen the surface for new coating adhesion.
- Prime the surface to reduce corrosion in the steel.
- Apply two full coats of urethane elastomer coating to the tops of the grain bins to provide a waterproof seal.
The elastomer provides protection against corrosion and resistance to chemicals like insecticides, fertilizers, and fumigants. This specific coating can expand and contract and therefore will not crack, chip, or peel due to temperature changes. Additionally, the coating will not promote mold or mildew growth due to its adaptability in any environment. Our elastomer product is very popular for grain bins and silo roofs. Regarding our staff, the facility manager stated, “They did a great job. I will definitely keep TMI in mind for future projects.”
TMI Coatings has the experience and expertise to safely seal and protect large grain bins inside and out.
With 35 years of experience, TMI Coatings will have your project completed on time and within budget. Contact us today atfor your free, no obligation quote.